Students Letter - so richtig? Korrektur?

Hallo,

habe eben meinen Students Letter fertig bekommen - Grammatikalisch, sowie Inhaltlich sind da noch sicherlich viele Fehler. Mag jemand mal drüber gucken, wo sich Fettnäpfchen und diese Fehler versteckt haben?

Dear Family,
my name is XXX and I am XX years old. I live with my parents and my younger sister in XX, a hanseatic town northern of Germany.

First I would like to say thank you for reading this letter and giving me the chance to spend my exchange in Ireland.
In this letter I want to tell you something about my family, my environment and of course - something about me and why I wanted to go abroad.

A part of my family lives in XXX, also my grandparents. We used to visit them every year, as I was younger I spent a lot of time in this country, but today it isn’t possible anymore. My mother’s grandmother is from Germany, so that’s the reason, why I live in Germany today. I can speak XXX and in the past I spoke it better than German, but I think German is my native language, as well I was born in Germany.

My family is an important part of my life. There are my parents – of course often we haven’t the same opinion - and my little sister – her name is XXX and she’s XX years old. We often argue and yes, she can be very annoying, but I think that’s normal and I’m very glad to have her. At all I can’t imagine a life without them.

My school – the XX school XX - is in the city of XX, but I live in XX, so I drive with the train to it. On the way back I also use the bus. I need ca. 45 Minutes for the way to school. The problem with my class is, that it’s very difficult to meet friends outside of the city, because we all have a long way to school and we all live in different parts of XX. So sometimes I need one hour, to my friend and one hour back. Of course I have friends here in XX from the primary school and we’re still in contact, but we don’t meet often and they are going to a another school. So when I meet with friends from my school we often go to the cinema or are going to the city.

I like pets very much – we had three rabbits and later two guinea pigs, but now we just have an aquarium with some fishes – and a mole in our garden, which my father hates. In my free time I am riding horses once a week. Every Saturday I’m going to my piano lessons. I play it since I’m five, so now already for nine years.

I love to read books, photography and I spent my free time often with drawing and writing. My favorite subject is art.

At all think I am more a quiet and shy person and I can be very insecure, but sometimes I have my very loud moments and if I want to do something, or when I’m really interested in something, nobody can stop me. Well – except of myself and sometimes even I can’t stop myself, which can get me in problematic or embarrassing situations.

When something is strange for me, at first I am very careful. But even this can’t stop me dreaming about going abroad. When I’m honestly I don’t really knew and know, why I choose Ireland. Surely I am very interested in the culture, want to improve my English – especially my pronunciation, want to be more independently and confident, and I always wanted to go to Ireland because of its beautiful landscape, but there was something else, which I can’t describe. It was just something like a feeling.
I’m doing a lot of things just by instinct and mostly I am right.

I don’t expect that everything will be perfect in Ireland, I think there will be some problems, but what I at least wish or hope is, that I will be fast integrated in the daily routine and in the family. So I hope at the end I can describe it as my “second home”.

Mir fehlt noch der Abschluss. Ich hoffe jemand kann mir helfen

Liebe Grüße

Hey du! Ich finde deinen Brief im grossen und ganzen nicht schlecht! Ich schreib einmal ein paar Details, die du noch verbessern könntest, sind aber nur Vorschläge;)

1. diese Ansage, was du ihnen in diesem Brief erzählen wirst, würde ich persönlich weglassen.
  2. den Satz mit den Eltern finde ich so besser formuliert: of caurse we often aren’t at one.
  3. es kommt in deinem Text noch ein paar mal vor, dass man den Satz besser formulieren könnte. so zum Beispiel anstatt …I drive with the train to it würde man eher schreiben : I need to take the train to go to school, oder anstatt I use the bus, I take the bus. Aber ich denke das ist kein Problem, wenn du solche Fehler hast. Deine Gastfamilie wird schon verstehen was du meinst, ausserdem gehst du ja nach Irland um dich zu verbessern und ich finde es macht symphatisch, wenn nicht alles korrekt ist;)
  4. was mir noch aufgefallen ist, dass manchmal die Kommas am falschen Ort stehen, das verwirrt ein wenig;)
  5. da du regelmässig reitest : I do horseback riding once a week. Riding wäre, wenn du es genau in dem Moment machen würdest.
  6. für den Abschluss würd ich ganz einfach schreiben: I wish I could already be there ( hab zumindest ich geschrieben)

So, dann wünsch ich dir ganz viel Glück bei deinem Austausch!!

Dankeschön! Wirklich (=
Phuuu… Ich saß Stunden dran und muss jetzt noch alles ausfüllen. :bulb:

Naja. Ganz lieben Dank, jetzt kann ich mit der Korrektur anfangen!