noch ein host family letter...

hallo… also ich hab mich bei sts beworben und soll jetzt ein am computer 2 seiten langes essay, das an meine mögliche gastfamilie gerichtet ist, schreiben… hier die aktuellste version:

Dear host family,

first of all, I want to thank you for reading this letter and for taking up an exchange student.

My name is Claudia nachname. I’m 15 years old and I’ll turn 16 at September 23rd. Together with my family I live in ortsname, a small village in the south of Hesse in Germany. My family consists of my parents vorname (alter) and vorname (alter), my sister vorname (alter) and my brother vorname (alter) as well as the dogs Mona, Trixi, Cora and Isy and the rabbits Flitzie and Flöckchen. My dad works as a self-employed architect, my mum leads a trout farm she had taken over from my grandfather who also lives with us. My family is very important for me. I’m deeply grateful to my parents who support my wish to go abroad for a year and who would even take out a loan for that if necessary.

At my school, the „name der schule“, I’m at grade 10. My favourite subjects are English, French, biology and sports, but since I’m interested in almost everything, there’s no subject I find boring. I usually like going to school, mainly because I meet my friends but also for what I learn there. I’m neither school’s most popular student nor a total outsider. Beside my best friend who I know since kindergarden I’ve got a few really good friends and a big circle of acquaintance. I’m usually very self-confident and open-minded, so I’m able to fit in with a group and I hope this will help me to make a lot of new friends, too.
In my free-time I like to do sports. I used to play handball for nine years in a club and I go jogging regularly. If the weather is good, I often meet friends and we play football or go to the swimming pool. Another hobby of mine are foreign languages. At the moment I learn English, French, Spanish and Italian as well as Japanese writing (what I find quite difficult). Before and during my exchange I’ll also try to learn Maori.
I play the piano and the guitar and I like dancing, reading and films (e.g. The Kite Runner, Step Up, Cinderella Story, Long Walk Home, 27 Dresses, Tristan and Isolde,…).

After my graduation in Germany I’d like to do a Voluntary Year Of Social Service (heißt das freiwilliges soziales Jahr?) in Bolivia. There I want to help homeless children and teenagers. Afterwards I want to study, maybe medicine, psychology or political science, but I’m not sure up to now. What I am sure about is that I want to become a development aid worker. This way I can help people in need and get to know other cultures. I hope this will give me the possibility to contribute a part (even if it may only be a small one) to a better world.

I have the wish to spend a year abroad for almost three years now. I’ve always been fascinated by other countrys, cultures, languages, religions, …, and when I heard there’s an opportunity to go overseas even before having finished school, I certainly knew that this was what I wanted to do. It’s not that I don’t like my home here in Germany, in the opposite, for sure I’ll miss my family, my friends, and also a few things that always seemed to be naturally to me. But I believe the experiences I’ll have at New Zealand will be more than worth to leave my usual home for a year.
What I found difficult was to choose a host country. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to go to an English-speaking country, first, because it’s easier to get to know a culture if you speak its language and second, because it’ll be useful for me in the future to speak English fluently. I settled for for New Zealand due to its breathtaking countryside, the very good school system and the cultural diversity.

I’m already looking forward to my year in New Zealand and I hope you’ll take me up as an additional member of your family during this time.

Yours sincerely,

Claudia nachname

Naja, ganz 2 seiten sinds noch nicht und ein paar stellen wollen mir auch noch net so wirklich gefallen… also wenn ihr Verbesserungsvorschläge oder Kritik habt, nur zu =)

Also ich kopier deinen Text einfach mal mit möglichen Verbesserungsvorschlägen ich find ihn aber schon echt gelungen :slight_smile:

Dear host family,

first of all, I want to thank you for reading this letter and for opening your home to an exchange student.

My name is Claudia nachname. I’m 15 years old and I’ll turn 16 at September 23(so ganz bin ich mir da auch nicht sicher :X). My family and I live in ortsname, a small village in the south of Hessen in Germany. My family consists of my parents vorname (alter) and vorname (alter), my sister vorname (alter) and my brother vorname (alter) as well as the dogs Mona, Trixi, Cora and Isy and the rabbits Flitzie and Flöckchen. My dad works as a self-employed architect, my mum leads a trout farm she had taken over from my grandfather who also lives with us. My family is very important to me. I’m deeply grateful to my parents who support my wish to go abroad for a year and who would even take out a loan for that if necessary.

At my school, the „name der schule“, I’m in 10th grade. My favourite subjects are English, French, biology and sports, but since I’m interested in almost everything, there’s no subject I consider as boring. I usually like going to school, mainly because I meet my friends but also for what I learn there. I’m neither school’s most popular student nor a total outsider. Beside my best friend who I know since kindergarden I’ve got a few really good friends and a big circle of acquaintance. I’m usually very self-confident and open-minded, so I’m able to fit in with a group and I hope this will help me to make a lot of new friends, too.
In my free-time I like to do sports. I used to play handball for nine years in a club and I go jogging regularly. If the weather is good, I often meet friends and we play football or go to the swimming pool. Another hobby of mine is foreign languages. At the moment I learn English, French, Spanish and Italian as well as Japanese writing (what I find quite difficult). Before and during my exchange I’ll also try to learn Maori.
I play the piano and the guitar and I like dancing, reading and films (e.g. The Kite Runner, Step Up, Cinderella Story, Long Walk Home, 27 Dresses, Tristan and Isolde,…).

After my graduation in Germany I’d like to do a Voluntary Year Of Social Service in Bolivia. There I want to help homeless children and teenagers. Afterwards I want to study, maybe medicine, psychology or political science, but I’m not sure up to now. What I am sure about is that I want to become a development aid worker. This way I can help people in time of need and get to know other cultures. I hope this will give me the oppurtunity to contribute a part (even if it may only be a small one) to a better world.

I have the wish to spend a year abroad for almost three years now. I’ve always been fascinated by other countrys, cultures, languages, religions, …, and when I heard there’s an opportunity to go overseas even before having finished school, I certainly knew that this was what I wanted to do. It’s not that I don’t like my home here in Germany, quite the opposite, for sure I’ll miss my family, my friends, and also a few things that always seemed to be naturally to me. But I believe the experiences I’ll have at New Zealand will be more than worth to leave my usual home for a year.
What I found difficult was to choose a host country. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to go to an English-speaking country, first, because it’s easier to get to know a culture if you speak its language and second, because it’ll be useful for me in the future to speak English fluently. I settled for for New Zealand due to its breathtaking countryside, the very good school system and the cultural diversity.

I’m already looking forward to my year in New Zealand and I hope to become a member of your family.

Yours sincerely,

Claudia nachname

Vielleicht könntest du noch einen typischen Tagesablauf von dir schildern und noch etwas darauf eingehen, warum es gerade Neuseeland ist :wink:

ganz ganz viel Glück

für die Vorschläge, werd ich auf jeden Fall übernehmen :+1: