Meinung zu meinem Gastfamilienbrief

Hallo! Ich schreibe zur Zeit meinen Gastfamilienbrief und wollte hier mal nach eurer Meinung dazu fragen. Es wäre schön, wenn ihr mir eine Rückmeldung dazu geben könntet, was ich noch verbessern kann.

Dear future host family!

First of all, thank you for reading this and maybe giving me the chance of living with you for 10 months.Without host families like you, exchanges wouldn´t even be possible. In this letter, I want to introduce myself and tell you a bit about my life.

My name is Sarah and I am currently 15 years old. My birthday is on the 12th of September so I will turn 16 shortly after my arrival in Costa Rica. My parents got divorced when I was 10. Since then I live only with my father Jens and my brother Jonathan (12), but I meet my mother Sandra every week. Both of my parents have found new partners after the divorce. My mother and her boyfriend even got two children together: my halfbrothers Matti (2) and Jannik (4 months). My father’s girlfriend also has three sons: Thorge (18), Henrik (21) and Rafael (23). As you can see, I have a really big family. Sadly we don’t spend a lot of time with each other, because my parents have to work a lot and I and my siblings have a lot of hobbies.

In my free time, I like to do sports. I do gymnastics, which is my favorite sport, and volleyball. I have been doing both for a year now. I would be happy if I could continue these sports in Costa Rica, but I know that this may not be possible, so I would also like to try new sports there. I also love music: I play the clarinet and sometimes also the piano. I am part of the wind orchestra in my music school, which is one of my favorite hobbies because I love the feeling when all of the instruments are playing together. Another thing that I like about my hobbies that I meet a lot of amazing people.

Currently, I am in grade 10 in a Gymnasium. I like going to school because I like learning new things. My favorite subjects are languages. I learn English, Spanish and French and until last year I also learned Latin. I really liked Latin, even though it is not a spoken language. I have been learning Spanish for only two years so it is not really good yet, but I still love the language. I hope that I will improve my Spanish in my exchange year. Another subject that I really like is biology. I find it interesting to find out how life works and I like especially genetics. Additional to normal school I also take part in the International Baccalaureate. That is a international graduation. From class 6 on I had additional classes in English, for example, Biology or History.

When I meet people for the first time I can be a bit shy but as soon as I get to know them more I open up and can be really communicative. I am an ambitious and hard-working person and I do everything to reach my goals. I am openminded and I love to try new things. Sometimes I can be a bit impatient and have too little self-confidence. I love animals, but I am really scared of spiders. I have always wanted a pet, but we don´t have the time for one. I like helping others and often explain things to my classmates when they don’t understand something and I also give tuition in Latin.

I don’t know what exactly I want to do in my future but I know for sure that after my graduation I want to do a year, where I do Work&Travel or volunteering. After that I would like to study at a university, maybe even abroad, but I don’t know what yet.

I am not religious but I once went to church for the confirmation of my best friend and I really liked it there. I know that a lot of people in Costa Rica are religious and if you are going to church regularly I am looking forward to come with you. I think that it will be a good experience for me and I have heard that it is a good place to meet new people.

I want to do my exchange year in Costa Rica because I want to go to a Spanish speaking country since I think that it is a good opportunity to improve my Spanish. I did not want to go to Spain because I can visit it also in the holidays, while I won’t have many chances to go to Latin America.

I am looking forward to become a part of this new culture and family. I want to try new things during my exchange, for example volunteering or a new sport, and expand my horizon. I hope that my exchange year will help me to become more self-confident and see things from a different perspective. And of course I hope that I will meet a lot of amazing people and make new friends.

I hope you got to know me a bit through this letter.

Best regards from Germany

Sarah

Hey Sarah,
das ist meiner Meinung nach ein super Brief und ich habe auch nichts zu kritisieren…
Ich hab mich nur gefragt, ob sich introducen und mehr von seinem Leben zu erzählen nicht das Gleiche ist. Aber das ist eine wirklich total unwichtige Kleinigkeit.
Ich kann verstehen, dass man sich Sorgen wegen seinem Gastfamilienbrief macht, aber das muss man überhaupt nicht. Das wird schon… :slight_smile: Ich wünsche dir alles Gute…