Korrektur lesen - Brief an die Gastfamilie

Hey guys,

ich weiß, dass es hier genug von diesen Bewerbungen gibt :wink: aber trotzdem würde ich mich freuen, wenn jemand das durchliest und mich auf Rechtschreibfehler, Grammatik etc. hinweisen würde :blush:

Dear Host Familiy,

thank you very much that i am allowed tot stay almost one year with you. I am so excited to meet you and to get to know you.
With this letter i would like tot introduce myself, my family, my friends, my school and so on. So we can see if we would make a good match.

My name is *** and I’m 16 years old. I’m born and have grown up in Hamburg but I’m Turkish. With about 1,8 Million inhabitans Hamburg is a pretty big city in Germany and I’m living in the northwest area in a 3 family house.

At the moment I’m visiting the 10th grade in a large comprehensive school with about 1100 students and i love it. ( Almost) every morning i love going tot school because i meet a lot of friends and i really like learning new things. My favourite subject are Math and languages, because i pretty like speaking. I like to learn, because i’m aware of I’m learning form y future. I’m determined

Last year my teacher suggested me to skip the grade 11 because of my good school achievement. Instead of this i decided tot make an exchange year in Canada.
I guess i always had this ,wanderlust“. First of all, sure, i want to practise and to develop my English but on the other hand I am searching for collecting experiences.
Canada is a diverse country with two cultures and i want to see these culture, customs and the Canadian lifestyle. I am prepared to try new things.
I don’t wanted tot visit the usual selected country: USA. Burnaby suits to me because big cities offer so many opportunities. I love the combination of large cities and nature. Burnaby has many parks and i absolutely don’t see any negative sides from Burnaby.

Now i want tot tell you something about my lovely family. I live here together with my parents, my younger sister and my dog Cango. I would say i am a family man. My mother is housewife so i can spend a lot of time with her. I’m also helping her a lot with the household. I’m vacuuming, tidy up my room of course, dusting, keep care for clean linen in our house, helping cooking, cleaning bathroom and taking walk with our dog.
My dad is a very warmhearthed man who does everything for his family.
My father a self- employed taxi driver. His working hours are at night, because he wants to see his family. To spend much time together we are doing sport togehter. My dog is a ,Pinscher“ and i really love him. My dad had found him on the streets when he was a little puppy but luckyly he is healthy.

In my leisure time i’m doing Taekwondo since 6 years and four times a week.
I guess i always wanted to fight like Chaki Chan. Maybe one day it will work.
It’s my favourite activity in recreation because it distracts me from school strees and i meet there my best friends. We are practising and helping together, while we take part in competitions. That’s great fun! We are a little sportic family: my sister, my dad and me are practising Taekwondo since many years.

At the weekend i often do something with my family. We go swimming or watching movies with my uncle. But we are often been visited at the weekend from friends and relative. I guess that’s absolutely normal in Turkish families.
I also just go with friends or my uncle to the movies.
I have a good relationship to my 3 years older uncle, because we have grown up together. I even imagine of a family company with him!
I enjoy reading books, playing with my sister and drawing. If i have nothing to do, i take the recipe book and try to bake them.
I would be really pleased if i could show you some turkish recipes.

Summer time is my favourite time, because i love to cycle with my sister to her favourtie playgrounds. We just enjoy the sun.

I hope you could get to know me a little bit. I bet we will enjoy our time together.
I’m looking forward to meet my lovely family.

Warm regards,

Gamze

Mir gefällt das richtig gut, was Du da geschrieben hast. Das würde ich - fast - genau so lassen. Du erzählst sehr nett von Dir. Die Hostfamily wird einen guten Eindruck von Dir bekommen. Ich entdecke durchaus sprachliche Fehler aber die würde ich ehrlich gesagt nicht korrigieren wollen. Du musst nicht perfekt sein in Englisch. So klingt es natürlich und nicht als wenn da jemand geholfen hat. Naja, das ist meine Meinung. Es ist eben Geschmackssache oder Einstellungssache.

Nur ein wenig, was ich zum Inhalt sagen möchte. Du schreibst „I dont want to visit the usual selected country USA“ Bitte lass diesen Satz weg. Es klingt ein bischen unhöflich den USA gegenüber, ist irgendwie nicht angebracht zu erwähnen und auch nicht wichtig für den Leser. Wichtig ist, warum Du nach Canada willst und das hast Du schön erklärt. Bis auf: „I do not see any negative sides of Burnaby” - Unbedingt weglassen, klingt blöd. Sowas schreibt man nicht. Sowas sagt man höchstens zu seinen Freunden . Vielleicht schreibst Du stattfamily man´ eher family person´. Oder Du schreibst einfach „I love family life“ oder so.
Im oberen Teil des Textes schreibst Du dauernd tot statt to. Ein Tippfehler?

Haha ja, das mit dem tot war eine kleine Korrektur von Microsoft Word :sweat_smile: - werde ich natürlich verbessern-
Ich danke dir sehr für deine große Hilfe Senfer :clap:

Wann musst Du es denn wegschicken? Wenn Du willst, sag ich morgen vorm doch noch ein bischen mehr dazu. Bin jetzt leider zu müde. Iyi geceler

Ich hab vor es morgen abzuschicken. Wäre echt toll wenn du Zeit und Lust hättest noch mehr zu korrigieren :flushed:

Hallo, ich habe euer Thema in die vorhandenen Kategorien einsortiert - entschuldigt - aber ich bin so ein Ordnungsfanatiker… :wink:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hab nicht bemerkt, wo es vorher war. Ordnungsfanatiker bin ich auch - zumindest in Foren :smile: Also Danke, erpe.

Hallo Gamze,
Jetzt korrigiere ich also doch mehr als ich vorhatte. Ich will aber wirklich nicht zu viel von dem was deins ist ändern. Ich hoffe, es passt so.

1. Absatz: I´m determined……. soll da noch etwas wichtiges hin? Ich finde es schon ausreichend, was über Deine Schulzeit erzählt hast. Soll ja kein Roman werden, nur ein Kennlernbrief :wink:

2. Absatz, Zeile 5: Ich würde es leicht verändern in „Canada is a country of diverse cultures and I want to see…………… weil Canada hat zwar zwei Amtssprachen , ist aber noch sehr viel mehr Multikulti (die Ureinwohner, Chinesen u. a. Asiaten, Europäer) Besonders in der Gegend von Vancouver dürfte es bunt sein. -
    nun noch the usually selected country USA wegnehmen, I absolutely do not see any negative sides of Burnaby auch weg - und schon gefällt mir der ganze Absatz noch besser.

3. Absatz: wie gesagt, „I am a family man“ find ich nicht gut. Deutsche und Türken finden das okay. Ob Kanadier einen 16jährigen als „man“ ansehen, weiß ich nicht recht. Ich würd es eher nicht so schreiben. Ansonsten ist es schön erzählt von eurem Familienleben.

4. Absatz: Ich ändere mal den 1. Satz und würde somit den letzten ganz wegnehmen: „In my leisure time I have done Taekwondo for six years now. I practice four times a week together with my dad, my sister and friends .” - Alles was Du über Jackie Chan (JACKIE !) schreibst und übers trainieren mit Freunden gegen Stress usw. bleibt so und dann den Absatz mit „That´s great fun“ beenden.

Absatz 7: hier fand ich es ein wenig durcheinander , so hab ich einiges verändert.
„At weekends I spend a lot of time with my family. Relatives and friends often come over for a visit which is a typical custom in turkish families. Sometimes we go swimming or watching movies or we go to the movies with my uncle or with my friends. I have a very good relationship to my uncle, who is three yeard older than me, because we have grown up together. We feel like brothers. (oder was meinst du mit I even imagine of a family company with him? Das verstehe ich nicht wirklich). I enjoy reading books, playing with my sister ………….wie du es geschrieben hast……………….bis zum Ende.

Nur den allerletzten Satz verbessere ich noch: „I´m looking forward to meeting my lovely family” (my canadian familiy, oder einfach to meeting you).
Nach “I´m looking forward to” steht immer die ing-Form (Gerundium). I´m looking forward to seeing you again, I´m looking forward to hearing from you soon usw.

So, nun mach damit was Du willst :wink:

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hey erpe,
kann gut möglich sein, dass ich es in die falsche Kategorie geschrieben habe. Ich kenn mich hier noch nicht so gut aus :sweat_smile: Danke für die Einsortierung
Und ich hab mich gewundert, wo mein Beitrag plötzlich war :laughing:

Hey Senfer,

hätte nicht gedacht, so viele Fehler zu haben :joy: aber ich danke dir wirklich für diese schnelle Korrektur (vor allem das mit Jackie Chan :scream:).

Nur keine Tränen wegen Fehler. Das waren nicht alles unbedingt Fehler. Jeder hat andere Vorstellungen, andere Erfahrungen, andere Ideen. Auf meine Vorschläge kannst Du eingehen oder auch nicht. Ganz wie Du es für richtig hälst.
Dein Brief war von Anfang an vom Aufbau her gut. Alles, was für eine Gastfamilie interessant ist, war drin. Und so nett lebendig erzählt. Ich konnte spüren, wie groß Deine Lust ist, ein Jahr ins Ausland zu gehen.
Da sollte sich eine tolle Gastfamilie finden lassen. Viel Glück!

Hoffen wir mal, dass auch alles klappt :smile:

Danke Senfer, für deine große Hilfe! :raising_hand: