Host family letter?! geht der so???

Hi, hab grad meine host family letter feritg geschrieben und bin mir nicht sich er ob ich den so abschicken soll oder kann :slight_smile:

Dear guest family,

At first I want to thank you reading my letter and spend so much time to know me better.
I’m looking forward to see you soon and getting a family member of you for one year and stay such a long time in an foreign country. In the next few hours I try to describe my family, my hobbies, my everyday life, my expectations for the coming year and of course myself.

My name is Katharina, but all of my friends call me Kathie. At the moment I’m 15 years old and 5.6 feets tall (170cm).
I live with my younger sister and my parents in a semidetached house in a village near the Bavarian alps. We’re only four people living together but I have a big family with 6 aunts and uncles and 10 cousins.
At the weekend or in the holidays we sometimes go hiking and mountain biking and in the winter times we often go skiing. General our relationship is usually good and we spend lot of times in the holidays together. I’m glad that I can tell them everything all the time. We argue sometimes but I think it’s normal and it’s soon better. With my sister I never really argue because i get on with her very well.

I have the advantage to go to school by bike because it isn’t far away from my home.
I go to the secondary school to get my general qualification for university entrance.
At the moment I attend the 9th grade and I’m looking forward to study after schooll but I don’t know jet what to study maybe tourisms or journalisms.

In my free time, after school or at the weekend I like to do something with my friends but I also like to listen to music especially Pop – Rock. Another hobby is playing volleyball, because you can play it with your friends and I like team sports more than athletic sports. I’m still an amateur but I think it doesn’t matter if you are interested in that.
As I said, we often go skiing with the whole family and sometimes with my grandpa or my aunt.
In my school I’m a member of a community which is responsible for poor children in developing countries especially Bolivian and Sri Lanka because I like to help other people who didn’t have such a great level of living like „normal people“. At the end of this school year we had the „black – white ball“ and therefore I will take dancing lessons. I’m really looking forward to this.

Of course I know that it’s not guaranteed to practice all of my hobbies in the USA. Actually I think this is the fantastic idea I had since I was chosen for an exchange year in the U.S.
I’m really looking forward to try something new.

I want to make an exchange because of learning new cultures and their morals and usages.
Since I was a little child I like to travel around, meet foreign people, find new friends, learn the basics from many languages. I had chosen the U.S. because the country and their culture is very interested and I hope that I’m going to learn so much about this fascinating country while I’m being there. I also want to advance my English, too. In the last few weeks, while I was thinking about what to write in the exchange documents I always thought about the first school day in the USA. I’m so excited about the school system in America. And the possibility to choose the subjects you are very interested in and the offered activities at school.

My friends would describe my like an ambitious, humorous, cooperative girl.

I hope to see you soon
Yours sincerely
Kathi

Aaalso,
Ich hab ihn jetzt nur so überflogen, & er ist gar nicht schlecht :grinning:
trotzdem sind da 'n paar fehler, die mir aufgefallen sind:

1. „Dear HOST family“, nicht „guest family“;

2. Wenn du das am Anfang schreiben willst, würde ich es so formulieren:
    „First i want to thank you FOR reading this letter and for spending this time to GET TO KNOW me better.“

3. heißt es "BECOMING a member… " nicht get.

4. es klingt finde ich komisch von „the next few hours“ zu schreiben. Besser wäre "In the following lines, … "

5. Das mit dem ‚i can tell them everything all the time‘ klingt irgendwie auch komisch. ich bin mir nicht sicher, doch würd’ ich vllt was wie „I’m glad, that whenever i’ve got a problem, i talk with them about it“ oder so etwas.

6. " … people, who DON’T have… ", nicht ‚didn’t‘. & das „normal people“ klingt komisch :smiley:

7. in dem satz über neue hobbies in den usa, da hast du geschrieben „since i was chosen“. das heißt so viel wie " seitdem ich auserwählt bin". ich glaube, du meinst: „seitdem ich mich entschlossen habe…“; & dann würde ich etwas schreiben wie: "since I MADE MY DECISION to go to the usa… "

8. „the country and ITS culture are very INTERESTING…“

• das waren die, die mir so aufgefallen sind :stuck_out_tongue:
    Ich find’ ihn eig. ganz gut, nur der teil, wie du dich selbst beschreiben würdest, sollte nicht da ganz an den schluss. bring das doch besser dort mit ein, wo du von dir und deinen hobbies erzählst. also z.b. dass du „cooperative“ bist, weil du auch in der schule and projekten teilnimmst. keine ahnung, sowas halt.

Ich hoffe, meine antwort hat was gebracht :smiley:
viel glück noch
grüüße

Danke für die Tipps!
Ich werd ihn gleich mal ändern :slight_smile: