brief an die gastfamilie

hey ich sollte einen brief an die potentielle Gastfamilie schrieben. Wär schön wenn den mal jmd. Korrektur lesen könnte. Danke schonmal im vorraus :grin:

Dear host family,

First of all I want to thank you for taking your time and reading my letter. I also say thank you that you will put up an exchange student and offer her or him an interesting and exciting year abroad. I would be glad if you want to accept me as a new family member. In the following lines I’m going to tell you something about me.

I’m looking forward to stay abroad, but I’m a bit nervous, because I do not know if I’ll become homesick and may miss my old friends too much. But I think that I will get many new impressions and make many new experiences so that I’ll come home to Germany grown up and maybe I will have found a twice home.

My name is Sabine Frederike. Today I’m 15 years old and I am 5.10 feet (177 cm) tall. I live together with my younger brother and my parents in an apartment in Solingen, a city closed to Cologne in the west of Germany. I attend secondary-school to get my general qualification for university entrance. At the moment I attend grade ten.

My usual daily routine begins at seven o’clock. At that time my mother awakes me what can be difficult sometimes, because I can be a bit grumpy in the morning. Thereafter I get ready for school, which is two minutes away from my house. Mostly I have got six lessons each lasting 45 minutes. At half past one I take warm lunch with my brother and my mother. Afterwards I have free-time. I meet friends, we go shopping, I play on the Computer or in the internet, I read and I do my homework. Two times a week I go dancing in a non-profit show dance association. Sometimes I go out with my friends at the weekend. In the evening my father returns from work and we have a common dinner. After that we mostly watch a movie on TV together. At approximately eleven o’clock I go to bed.

I am on friendly terms with my younger brother. We tell each other everything but sometimes we also have quarrel about minor matters but I think this is quite normal between brothers and sisters.

My father is seldom at home because he has to work much but we are in rapport. My mother and I often disagree specially in things which belong to my education. I usually ask my parents for advice with difficult homework or in terms of formalities. In many other matters I consult my friends.
My best friend is called Ann. She is always present when I need her and I have got a lot of fun with her.
I have got many female and male friends and we often meet in school, at dancing or in the city.

My friends appreciate that I am a good listener, that I try to help them to solve their problems and that I am helpful and nuts in a positive, humorous way. I am some kind of agony aunt for them and I am into being that. I have got humor and I am pigheaded. My friends do not like that I am tardy.
I find it important that my friends are genuine, humorous and blithe.

Sometimes I do embarrassing things accidentally, like going to school without a satchel or sitting under a hair drier and speaking so loudly to a friend next to me that all the people in the hairdresser’s shop are listening to what we are saying. But I can laugh about things like that.

My hobbies are dancing, cooking, reading, meeting friends and playing Computer, surfing in the internet and calling friends.
I am creative, humorous, imaginative, pensive and pigheaded. I am tardy and a bit untidy, but I try to work on this.
I cogitate much and I build my own opinion. I am ready to compromise and I do not try to imitate other people. I find fairness and right judgement very important. Between strangers I am quiet, calm and reticent but between friends I am in high spirits and loquacious.

As a volunteer activity I am the godfather for the pupils of a grade five at my school and I am very committed in other school activities as well. For example my class an I collect money by selling cake and drinks to finance a few days in a skiing lodge. To supplement my pocket money I do baby sitting.
My favourite lessons are maths, physics, chemistry and art. I don’t like history and German so much.
After having finished the school I would like to study design in order to become a fashion designer. I’m also interested in natural science a lot and I can imagine to work as a forensic medic.
Things that frustrate me are for example if my parents patronize me too much or when I talk at cross-purposes with someone else. I get upset if someone else is a blockhead or if something does not work out like I want.
I like animals, especially small animals. My brother and I had several small animals and we were fully responsible for them.
If you have a dog I would be encouraged if he is not a vicious dog.
It would be great if you do not live in a too lonesome area. Having my own room would be great, but this may not be a must. Having a guest-brother or sister in my age would also be great, if he or she fully supports putting up an exchange student.

I hope that we match up well and that we get along with each other.
I’m looking forward to get to know you,

Yours sincerely

falls jemand einen Tipp für den Brief braucht schaut mal hier nach: www.ruben-usa.de.tl -unter „Formale Dinge“

www.ruben-usa.de.tl

Hihi,

ich bin geplättet. Das hört sich echt super an! Ich finde vorallem, dass du richtig gut formuliert hast und nicht den typischen Wortschatz gebraucht hast, sondern dich bemüht hast, abwechslungsreich zu schreiben.

Nur ein paar klitzekleine Fehler:

"First of all I want to thank you for taking your time and reading my letter. I also s(ay thank you that you will put up) thank you for putting up an exchange student and offer her or him an interesting and exciting year abroad. I would be glad if you (want) would (want to) accept me as a new family member. In the following lines I’m going to tell you something about me.

I’m looking forward to stay abroad, but I’m a bit nervous, because I do not know if I’ll become homesick and (may) miss my old friends too much. But I think that I will get many new impressions and make many new experiences so that I’ll back come home to Germany grown up and maybe I will have found a twice home.

My name is Sabine Frederike. Today I’m 15 years old and I am 5.10 feet (177 cm) tall. I live together with my younger brother and my parents in an apartment in Solingen, a city close(d) to Cologne in the west of Germany. I attend secondary-school to get my general qualification for university entrance. At the moment I attend grade ten.
My usual daily routine begins at seven o’clock. At that time my mother (awakes me) wakes me up (what) which can be difficult sometimes, because I can be a bit grumpy in the morning. Thereafter I get ready for school, which is two minutes away from my house. Mostly I have got six lessons each lasting 45 minutes. At half past one I take warm lunch with my brother and my mother. Afterwards I have free-time. I meet friends, we go shopping, I play on the Computer or in the internet, I read and I do my homework. Two times a week I go dancing in a non-profit show dance association. Sometimes I go out with my friends at the weekend. …from work and we have a common dinner. After that we (mostly) nearly always/ most times watch a movie on TV together. At approximately eleven o’clock I go to bed. …
As a volunteer activity I am the godfather for the pupils of a grade five at my school and I am very committed in other school activities as well. For example my class an I collect money by selling cake and drinks to finance a few days in a skiing lodge. To supplement my pocket money I do baby sitting.
My favourite lessons are maths, physics, chemistry and art. I don’t like history and German so much.
After having finished the school I would like to study design in order to become a fashion designer. I’m also !very!interested in natural science (a lot) and I can imagine to work as a forensic medic.
Things (that) which frustrate me are for example (if) when my parents patronize me too much or when I talk at cross-purposes with someone else. I get upset if someone else is a blockhead or if something does not work out the way (like) I want.
I like animals, especially small animals. My brother and I had several small animals and we were fully responsible for them.
If you have a dog I would be encouraged if he is not a ?vicious? (richtiges Wort?) dog.
It would be great if you do not live in a too lonesome area. (Sonderwunsch in gastbrief = passend?!)( Having my own room would be great, but this may not be a must. Having a guest-brother or sister in my age would also be great, if he or she fully supports putting up an exchange student.) = angemessen?

I hope that we match up well and that we get along with each other.
I’m looking forward to get to know you,

Yours sincerely

Das soll jetzt nicht böse sein, ich hoff aber es hilft :wink:
Viel Glück noch,
Debby