Brief an die gastfamilie

vielen Dank :).
das mit der Familie wär mir ga ned aufgefallen.
wär doof gewesen wenn das so rüber gekommen wär.
also : Danke :).

LG, Meli

P.S.: jaaa, Flyleaf is genial :slight_smile:

Keine Ursache - bins mittlerweile gewohnt, Gastfamilienbriefe durchzulesen und ggf. Änderungswünsche zu verschicken (hab das bei gefühlten 1000 - aber in wirklichkeit nur so 70-100 Gastschülerbewerbunggen in den letzten 12 Monaten gemacht ^^) - immerhin muss ich deinen Brief nicht zusammenfassen und auf deutsch übersetzen ^^

aber wie kannst du Flyleaf leise hören? ^^

nunja, 70-100 Briefe reichen auch^^

also wie ich das leise hören kann?
das geht einfach :
ich öffne den “Windows Media Player” auf meinem Laptop,
schalte die Musik ein und ziehe dann den Lautstärkenregler
zurück :D. ist ganz einfach :wink: :smiley:

LG, Meli.

Ich schleich mich hier mal ganz unauffällig rein und hänge meinen host familybrief an. würde supersupernett wenn ihr einmal überfliegen würdet und guckt wie es sich anhört und ob noch viele fehler drin sind!

Dear Host Family,

first of all I want to thank you for reading my letter and spending time on getting to know me better.
Spending one year in the USA is my big dream. In this letter I’ll tell you something about me, my family, my everyday life, my hobbies and my hopes for the year in the USA.

I live with my mother and brother and our cat molly in a house with a big garden in Essen (it’s in the west of Germany). I love my family and our relationship is very good. If I have problems I can always talk to them. It is normal for me to help in the house because at home each of us has their own duty.

Currently I am in the 10. grade of a grammar school. I have good friends there and we always have a lot of fun together. School starts at 7:45 p.m. and ends normally at 1:05 or 2:00 a.m. Of course I do my homework after school every day. My favorite subjects are Biology-Chemistry, English and Sports. I’m so interested in biology-chemistry because we learn many things we can use in our everyday life, too. I conduct with my friends the library of our school. Our tasks are to make membership cards, to align the bookshelves etc. I enjoy this work, because it’s good to see younger students having fun on books. I love good books, too and I read very much. My favorite book is “Wenn er kommt, dann laufen wir” (If he comes, then we’ll run away). It’s the story of a 16 year old boy and his criminal brother who killed a person and now he releases from the prison. For me it’s a good book, because it isn’t the typical love story.

Generally I love traveling and getting to know new cultures. I’m a scout and with the scouts we go to summer camp every year. We were in a lot of countries for example Italy, Sweden, France, Slovenia or the Netherlands. For me it’s very exiting to talk with teenagers of different countries, because I learn so much about their culture. In the evening we often we sit around the bonfire and singing old songs. In the schooldays we meet every Thursday. At these meetings we play funny games or do things like making a little film.

I spend most of my free time with my horse Winnetou. After a day full of stress I love to saddle him up and ride around the fields, but I also like to train in the riding hall/place. Getting up early in the morning and driving to a tournament makes me happy. For me the vibe of an tournament is such amazing. I take tasks like cleaning horse box or to brush the stable every day as a matter of course.
Horses are my big passion!

Riding and scouts are not my only hobbies. I also like jogging, swimming and meeting friends.
My best friend is Kira and we are inseparable. Her biggest hobby is also horse riding and she has her own horse, too. We spend much time at the barn and there we haven been trough a lot together.
Of course we also do things like going to a concert, baking and watching movies.
I tell her things I don’t tell anyone else. I can always count on her and we have always fun together. That’s why I love her so much.

I see myself as a very natural and affectionate person. Once I have set a target I am willing to work hard to reach it. I laugh a lot and I’m optimistic. My friends say that I am a very open-minded, independent and flexible Person.

There are many reasons why I would like to spend one year in the USA. I am fascinated of the “American way of life ” and I hope to experience it by myself. “Will I go to school in a yellow school bus? How celebrate the Americans Christmas? How is the daily life of an american family?” These are questions which answers I’d like to find.
I know it will not be the same life as I am living now, but that makes me so curious. I would like to get to know new people, maybe become a part of a new family and if I am lucky I can make experiences for my future life.

Hallo Lena,

Bei der Schulzeit hast du dich glaub ich vertan ^^
a.m. ist die Zeit zwischen 00:00 und 12:00
p.m. ist die Zeit zwischen 12:00 und 24:00
Du bist doch nicht von 19:45 bis 01:05 in der Schule, oder :wink:

Anstatt "I conduct with my friends the library of our school. " ist es besser, wenn du “Me an my friends (oder natürlich “my friends and I”) conduct the library of our school” schreibst :wink:

Ich hab mal nachgeschaut: Dein Lieblingsbuch heisst auf Englisch “Dark Angel” - und dann nennst du am besten noch den Autoren, dann wissen sie vielleicht schon, wovon du redest :slight_smile: (Buchtitel werden manchmal komisch übersetzt ^^)

und am ende ist nochmal der Fehler bei "? How celebrate the Americans Christmas? "
–> How do the Americans celebrate Christmas?

Ansonsten finde ich das einen klasse Brief :slight_smile:

hey, wo ihr hier bei den anderen Host family letters so tolle Verbesserungsvorschläge macht, stell ich meinen auch einfach mal rein. :smiley:

Dear Host Family,
At first, thank you for reading this letter.
My name is …, I’m 14 years old at the moment, and I write this letter, because I hope, that I can live for a year in your family and be a real part of her.

“Why I want to live for a year in an other country?”, maybe you ask this yourself.
Because I want to become acquainted absolute with a new culture and not just like a tourist, I want to learn more about the American people.
And, of course, I want to upgrade my English, that’s not so good and in the moment I’m Microsoft Word and my dictionary much obliged for there help. :wink:
I don’t mind, who you are, if you have many children’s, or none, if you are a retired person or very young, if you have many or exceptionally pets or none (just spiders, snakes or anything like this, are nothing for me :slight_smile: ), if you life in a big city like New York or in a small village in Nebraska, because everywhere I learn many new thinks. I’m open for everything.
I choose USA, because it’s one of mine favourite countries, and sometimes I went there for holidays, often in Florida (the Christmas holidays 2009 we will spent there again) and 2008 we were on the West Coast of the USA.
After all the holidays in the USA, I would like to know the real American!

Before I tell you anything about me, I must say my biggest foible is, that I can’t subscribe myself. (I know, the most of the people write this, but it is like this)
How I said at the beginning, is my name … and I live with my parents Dieter and Eva and my nineteen years old brother Sebastian in the small town … in Germany, with 20,000 inhabitants, near the big city in the middle of Germany, Frankfurt on Main, maybe you know it?
In … I go in the “…-Gymnasium”, it’s a secondary school, in the form 9a.
After my High School Year I will do my “Abitur”, that is the highest school certificate in Germany, and then I will in all probability study at an university.
My parents are both physicists and because both are working, I was, today and in the past, often alone or just with my brother at home and I can care about myself. Both are going every day walking or ride by bicycle to work. On some days they are going sailing on the river Main with our boot called “Dori”. My dad goes every Friday with friends of our family swimming, too and he is the more settled character of my parents. My brother Sebastian makes this year his “Abitur” and is learning for it.
A half year ago, we lost our beloved bunny “Flecki”, but today we have no pets.
I would have a cat or a dog, anything like this, but it isn’t possible.

In my spare time, I meet friends, go shopping or read books, hear music, watch movies (my favourite movie are The Simpsons, they are very great!) or surf in the web. And also I love it to travel around the world and detect new things.
In the moment I don’t do sports without school sport, but I think about to beginning play badminton. For a few years I played soccer, too. But today I’m just a soccer fan and my favourite team is Eintracht Frankfurt.
Sometimes I go horseback riding, but because I couldn’t do that at home, I can ride just by my grandma and that just 1 or 2 weeks a year. I’m not good at it, but it makes fun.
In the moment I play in a theatre, called Woyzeck from George Büchner,
I’m just a supernumerary, but it’s great to talk together about the performance or suggestion for improvement, or to look for costumes or prop, make videos for the background or to rehearse a scene.
I like it to laugh and do jokes, but sometimes I’m a bit shy and a BIT untidily. :wink:

More I don’t know to write in the moment. I hope we meet use next year. 

Kind regards from Germany,

PS: I’m thrilled for the USA and the new school and, just, everything!!! I’m already being nervous and full of anticipation. 

So, auch ich hab hier nochmal einen Brief geschrieben um eure Meinung zu hören. Danke schonmal :slight_smile:

Dear Host Family

first I would like to thank you for your hospitality. I’m looking forward to my forthcoming exchange year in the USA. I’m curious to get to know people and country, especially you, my guest family. And I hope, that i can improve my englisch during the exchange. But now please let me introduce myself:
My name is Luise, I’m fifteen years old and a open minded girl. I starting in August this year (2010) the 11th class of a grammar school. I like to go to school and my favorite subjects are sports, german and social studies. In Germany we go to school from monday till friday and the normal schoolday lasts about 6 hours. Our School is in Thuringia, Germany. The federal state of Thuringia is famous for great personalities like Bach, Luther, Goethe and Schiller. Here I live together with my mum Sylvia and my dad Andreas. My grandparents (the parents from my mum) named Ingrid und Klaus live near of us. I also have other related, too, but they live further away of us. I spend a lot of my freetime with my family. I like to cook often something with my granny and every monday evening I attend a yoga course with my mom. But I also have got a few other hobbies like volleyball, skiing, choir singing and I take part in the Johanniter Organisation. Apart from that I often meet my friends. Anyway I’d really like to try out something new, when I’m in the USA.
Now I want to tell you what are my future goals. My most important goal is of course to achieve the best possible A-Level results because I intend to study, maybe even abroad. In the future I would like to do a job, in which i can help people.
Now, at the end of the letter, I hope you know me a little bit better and that I am the right person for you to become a member of your family.

Kind regards from Germany,
Luise

hallo, ich habe meine gasrfamilie ja jetzt schon, aber ich würde trotzdem gerne noch mal wissen, ob mein student letter so ok war, ich fand/finde ihn nämlich grauenhaft

Dear host family,
thank you for your hospitality.
My name is Nicola, but I prefer my nickname Niky.
I live with my family in a small village in Lower Saxony. It is called Hohenbostel and belongs to the town of Barsinghausen, 25km west of Hanover, the capital of Lower Saxony.
Now i will describe a typical day in my life:
At 7am I wake up and go into the bathroom, after that I take my schoolbag and go outside, to get my bicycle. I don’t eat anything in the morning (Monday-Friday). At 7.30am I ride to school (2km on a path). The school begins at 7.50am and finishes at 1.05pm. After end of school I ride at home and eat something, than I do my homework (1-1½ h). After that I read a book or a National Geographic magazine or I play computer games or watch movies. At 7pm my parent, my brother and me have supper and after that we discuss the politics or other topical themes. At 9pm I go to bed and read by 11pm and than I sleep till the morning.
My hobbies are reading books/novels, sailing, cooking and watching movies.
Close to Baringhausen is a lake named „Steinhuder Meer“ , my uncle has a jolly-boat here and I can use i, too. Last year on summer holidays I have made a sailing certificate (SBF Binnen). I can sail alone on lakes and rivers , in Germany, with a little sailboat ( max. length 44 ft). When the winter ceases, I want to sail on the “Maschsee”, a lake in Hanover.
Sometimes I cook for may family at the weekends. Mostly I bake cakes or other dishes with sugar and chocolate, because I like chocolate.
My favorite movies are James Bond, Pirates of the Caribbean and Ratatouille.
I love books and I have many books in my room at home. I like novels about history, Harry Potter, the books from Stephenie Meyer and Gary Paulsen. I have one book in English language „Molly Moon’s incredible book of hypnotism“ from Georgia Byng. I have read books and articles in the newspaper and the internet about Canada so I can learn more about this beautiful country. I like forests and lakes and I hope to see the grand nature in Canada.
In winter my brother and me go skiing in Austria and Switzerland. Since I was eight years old, I go skiing with my parents. My school offers ski trips for pupils and I went with.
But the most important thing in my life is my school. I meet my friends here and I spend much time here (31h per week). I like my school, my teachers and my class. Last week (9/14/09-9/18/09) we had have a class trip to Berlin, the capital of Germany. We had gone into museums and the „Reichstag“ building, that is the seat of federal parliament in Germany.
Last year I was in France with my school, that was an exchange with pupils from France. I lived with a nice host family, Clémence, my exchange partner,has two sisters and a brother. Her father worked and her mother cooked and kept the house. I played games with Clémence’s little sister Claire and her brother Bruno, because Clémence did her homework (the pupils in France must do much more homework as the pupils in Germany). Clémence came to me ½ year later.
In my holidays I visited my grand parents. I don’t see them so often, because they live next to Hamburg. All my relatives live far-scattered in Germany and an uncle lives in Holland. My “alternate grandma” lives in Hohenbostel, too. If I want to see her, I can visit her. If I want to see my grandma in Hamburg, I must wait for the next holidays.
I meet my friends in the school every day, but we cannot meet so often, because they have hobbies, I have hobbies and at the weekends we must learn for school. But we have “meetings” in the holidays and at the stress-free weekends to arrange a Halloween party or a cocktail party, a pool party or we watch a movie in the cinema. We named them party’s but we meet to talk about the school (two girls go to an other school), our families, play games and watch a movie, go to the “Christmas Market” in Hanover, etc. My friends and me, we are the honest pupils at my school and in the class.

so und darunter hatte ich dann noch mit füller einen netten gruß hingeschrieben, so eine art unterschrift