Brief an die Gastfamile

Hallo! Ich fliege im September für ein Jahr nach Großbritannien. Es würde mich sehr freuen, wenn sich jemand den Brief an die Gastfamilie kurz durchlesen könnte und mir Rückmeldung geben würde :slight_smile: (Es wurde mir von meiner Orga gesagt, dass ich mich im Brief nicht mehr mit Name und Alter vorstellen soll, da das schon auf einem anderen Dokument steht!)

Dear host family!
First of all I want to thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your family. I’m very grateful that you are giving me the opportunity of experiencing a whole different life for a year.

The educational system in the UK is very different to the one we’ve got here in Austria, and I’m already very excited to choose the subjects I want to study myself. Also I think I’ll get along very well with English people, since they are known to be more calm and a bit reserved sometimes; but also very open-minded and caring when you get to know them better, which applies to me as well.

I’m attending a commercial college which is an hour away from my hometown, and I really love that school. I’m very interested in foreign languages, that’s because I enjoy travelling and communicating with people in general a lot. I want to learn to speak as many languages as possible in my life so I can travel where ever I want when I’m older without having to worry about not understanding someone.

Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about your family yet, so I’m going to tell you a bit about mine. The part of my family I live with consists of my mother, her partner Christian, and his son Noah (19). I get along well with all of them, but obviously I’m closest to my mum because I’ve spent my whole life with her and I’ve only known Christian and his children for 3 years. We moved in with them in March 2018 and have already spent holidays in Croatia and London together.

I’ve also got a very close relationship with my 24 years old cousin Theresa- she used to babysit me a lot when I was little and as we grew older, she has become something like a big sister to me. I can tell her everything that’s on my mind and she won’t judge me and she always gives good advice.

My hometown is … It’s a beautiful place to live at, because it has got many possibilities to go shopping and lots of restaurants/cafés, but actually I don’t spend a lot of time here, which is because none of my friends live here.

To be honest, I’m not that interested in sports- I’m more of a creative person. I like running and cycling, but I’m not into gymnastics or teamsports like football. I’d much rather spend my weekend reading a good book, writing short stories and/or drawing pictures.

In my free time I usually take the bus to go and see my friends, who live close to my school.
We enjoy each other’s company so much that we are happy just hanging around at someone’s place, talking and laughing or studying all day long. We are a group of 7 people who do literally everything together, and I already know that I’m going to miss them a lot when I’m abroad, but they are all very happy for me that I have got this opportunity.

I’m very interested in the English culture and I’d love to show you some parts of the Austrian culture as well! We could try and cook a typical Austrian meal or bake a cake some day for example!

All in all, I very much look forward to seeing you soon and thank you very much for letting me live with your family!

Kind regards,
Franziska